This scholarship was created in order to recognize a female student who embodies the spirit of Birdia Keglar through her displayed leadership
ability in school and community activism. The recipient must be interested in attending a two or four-year College or university or currently in good standing with the college or university (i.e.
registered as a full-time student and provides proof of enrollment).
The BK Day Committee will present a $1,000.00 scholarship.
- Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation (one from a principal, counselor, or teacher and one from a community leader).
- Applicant must write an essay on how they embody the attributes of Birdia Keglar through their leadership abilities and community involvement.
- Applicant must be a resident of Tallahatchie County Mississippi
- Essay must not exceed two pages (typed and double-spaced).
- Attach essay and letters of recommendations to the scholarship application form.
Mail the completed application packet to:
Birdia Keglar Scholarship Committee
PO BOX 222
Charleston, MS 38921
You may also e-mail all required documents as an attachment to
Application must be received by May 1, 2019.
The scholarship winner will be recognized on June 1, 2019 during the Evening BK Legacy & Community Day Program.